Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility


Call the SNAP Hotline

Apply for SNAP in 30 minutes or less to stretch your grocery budget.

If you’ve been laid off or had your work hours reduced – you may now qualify for SNAP (formerly known as food stamps).

Don’t go hungry, let SNAP fill the gap. And let us help! 

Two Ways to Apply!

Call the SNAP Hotline: 
1 (877) 760-0114.

Mon-Fri: 8AM – 8PM; Sat: 9AM – 5PM

Mon-Fri: 8AM – 8PM

Wed-Fri: 4PM – 8PM

Request a call from the SNAP Hotline.

SNAP Hotline staff are happy to give you a call to help with your application!

Click the “Request a Call” button below to complete a callback form and a friendly SNAP specialist will call within a few days to help submit your application:

Image of a woman and her daughter preparing food in the kitchen.

“The Hunger Free Oklahoma SNAP Hotline helped me apply for SNAP in just 30 easy minutes. With basic information needed upfront, HFO relieved so much of the anxiety I felt about applying for SNAP. Thank you, HFO!”


Additional SNAP Information & Resources

We have information about what to expect when you apply for SNAP, some frequently asked questions, and a feedback survey. If you have any difficulty applying for SNAP benefits, please contact our call center for support.

Protect your SNAP benefits from scammers! Click here for some great tips on how to keep your benefits safe.

Expand your SNAP benefits. Click here to learn how you can expand your SNAP benefits with area discounts and services.

What to Expect After You Apply

After you apply for SNAP, you will receive a follow-up call with a staff person from the Oklahoma Department of Human Services.

You might have to provide additional details or documentation if requested.

If approved, get an EBT card in the mail and start shopping at approved retailers.

Frequently Asked Questions

The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) serves as the first line of defense against hunger. It enables eligible families to buy nutritious food with an Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card, called “Access Oklahoma.” The Access Oklahoma card works like a debit card. Benefits are automatically loaded monthly for participating households to buy eligible food from authorized retailers. See “Where can SNAP benefits be used?”

To be eligible for SNAP benefits a person must have documentation of being:

  • A United States citizen – born in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands, or Northern Mariana Islands, or a person born outside the U.S. when at least one parent is a U.S. citizen.
  • A U.S. non-citizen national – born in outlying possessions of the U.S. such as American Samoa or Swains Island.
  • An alien who is both qualified and eligible; or non-Citizen who has documentation of qualified alien status that can be confirmed in SAVE.
  • An alien not required to meet qualified alien status – American Indians from St. Regis Band of the Mohawk, Micmac, Abanaki, and Kickapoo; Hmong or Highland Laotian tribe in Vietnam, or Afghan and Iraqi refugees
  • And be within income limits (See “What is SNAP’s income limit?”)

SNAP benefits can be used at any retailer that accepts SNAP. These mostly include grocery stores, big-box stores, convenient stores, and in some areas, farmers markets.

Here a link to a list of retailers that accept SNAP:

SNAP benefits can only be used for food and for plants and seeds to grow food for your household to eat.

SNAP benefits cannot be used to buy:

  • Any nonfood item, such as pet foods; soaps, paper products, and household supplies; grooming items, toothpaste, and cosmetics
  • Alcoholic beverages and tobacco
  • Vitamins and medicines
  • Any food that will be eaten in the store
  • Hot foods

If you or your household have experienced recent changes, you may be eligible to receive benefits. Changes can include:

  • Household income
  • Number of people in the household
  • Job status

Yes, as the parent/guardian of U.S. citizen children under the age of 18 you can apply on their behalf. You will still need to submit proof of income for the household. However, benefits will only be calculated based on the number of individuals/children who qualify for SNAP benefits.

Applying for SNAP on behalf your citizen children will not impact your immigration status or be considered in your public charge evaluation for changes to immigration status.

Only OKDHS can determine if you qualify for benefits. We suggest applying to find out. This is especially important if your income is only slightly over the limits or if anyone in your home is over age 60 years or disabled. Your answers to application questions will help OKDHS figure out if you are eligible.

SNAP’s income limit is based on the number of people for whom you are applying. Here is a general overview of income limits based on household size:

Current SNAP Income Eligibility Limits Table

This information was brought to you by Hunger Free Oklahoma in coordination with the Oklahoma State Department of Human Services.

Hunger Free Oklahoma logo

The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) prohibits discrimination in all its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, and where applicable, sex, marital status, familial status, parental status, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, political beliefs, reprisal, or because all or part of an individual’s income is derived from any public assistance. (Not all prohibited bases apply to all programs.) Persons with disabilities who require alternative means for communication of program information (Braille, large print, audiotape, etc.) should contact USDA’s TARGET Center at 202-720-2600 (voice and TDD).

To file a complaint of discrimination, write to:

Director, Office of Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, S.W.
Washington, DC 20250-9410
800-795-3272 (voice) or 202-720-6382(TDD)

USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.

Working together for a hunger free Oklahoma.

To top